Here in Alaska, it's not always convenient to run down to the credit union. Good news—you don't have to! With our e-Teller online account service and online Bill Pay, you can access your accounts and pay your bills without leaving the warmth and comfort of your own home or your favorite coffee shop. Check your balance, monitor your transactions, transfer funds, view past statements, and much more!
- e-Teller Account Access
Easy Account Access
- Available online, anytime!
- View current account information
- View/print/save cleared checks
- Order replacement checks
- Access to your financial documents online through Home Connect
Manage Your Accounts
- Transfer funds between accounts, even accounts on which you are not a signer, such as friends and family who have accounts with us.
- Make loan payments to your Spirit of Alaska loan
- Manage finances with our easy online register; organize your accounts by assigning meaningful names such as "Mom's Checking" or "College Fund"
- Download info into Quicken® or Microsoft Money®
- Use Bill Pay to pay anyone in the country
- Submit address, email, or other account changes
Safe and Secure
- Full 128-bit security encryption and dual authentication that works in the background
- Added layers of identity protection; e-Teller watches for uncharacteristic or unusual behavior involving your Internet Account Access.
- Setup security questions to protect your identity
- Bill Pay
It seems like people have been paying bills since the dawn of time. Take the process into the future with our state of the art online bill pay service. This secure system allows you to pay anyone in the world—from the utilities bill to the babysitter—with just a few clicks of the mouse, saving you time, money, and the hassle of writing checks and running to the mailbox. We're so sure you'll like this service, we're giving you the first 60 days free! Access Bill Pay through our e-Teller service.
- Pay anyone in the world, anytime
- Unlimited number of transactions
- Save time and postage expense
- One password to remember
- Schedule as many payments as you wish
Bill Pay Services
- Available through e-Teller online banking
- Receive and pay bills from many available billers across the U.S.
- Set up one time or repeating payments
- Arrange payments to multiple payees from a single screen
- Schedule payments up to one year in advance
- Inquire about the posting status of a payment
- System remembers billing information so you don't have to
- Easily add, change, or delete new payees any time
- Download transaction data to Quicken® or MS Money®
- Consult online help and exchange online messages with CheckFree Customer Care representatives*
Using Bill Pay
- Free 60-day trial period ($6.95 per month thereafter)
- Monthly Bill Pay service charge ($6.95) waived if you have a Choice Checking, miMoney or E-Z Checking account.
- Additional fees may be incurred if choosing expedited or additional Bill Pay options.
*To reach the Bill Pay Member Service, dial (855) 877-4165, Representatives are available from 3:00 AM to 9:00 PM AST, 7 days a week.
- Home Connect
Get your financial information electronically each month with this free service and forget the filing hassles! Your information is safely stored online where you can access it 24 hours a day via any web-enabled computer.
- Available through e-Teller (just click your e-Statements button)
- Accessible online anytime.
- Home Connect is safer than sensitive documents sitting in your mailbox.
- Reduced chance of identity theft.
- Receive statements and notices sooner than by mail,
- Look for a notice email when there are new notices of an overdrafted account or past due loan payments.
- Access current and past documents.
- View/print/download easily.
- Paper copies available for a small fee.
You can access:
- Transaction documents: deposited checks, paid checks, receipts.
- Loan documents for mortgage, credit cards, and consumer loans.
- Member agreements.
- Account Statements and notices.
- IRS 1099/1098 statements.
- Your personal uploaded documents for free (up to 1GB)
How do I sign up?
Click the "Enroll Now" button above to create your e-Teller account.
How do I change my password?
The first time you log onto e-Teller you will be prompted to change your password. One you have accessed your account, you will use the Options tab at the top of the e-Teller page to change your password. e-Teller passwords must be at least 7 - 15 characters long, and must contain a minimum of 2 numeric characters (i.e. BPFR34 or JB23JILL). Passwords are case sensitive.
What if I forgot my password?
Should you forgot your password, you can access e-Teller by clicking on the Forgotten Password prompt. You will be asked for your user name and valid email address. Once validated, the system will email an OTP (One Time Password) to gain access. You will have only 3 minutes to access your email and enter the one time password into e-Teller. Once that information is entered, the systems will email a temporary password that you may use to gain e-Teller access. The system will immediately prompt you to change your password.
I am locked out of e-Teller!
For safety and security, after three consecutive unsuccessful log-in attempts, you will be locked out of e-Teller until a SoAFCU representative resets your bad password count. Please call us in the case of a lock-out, please call us at (907) 459-5900 or 800-478-1949, or you may send us an email at email@example.com.
e-Teller doesn't work well with my browser.
To view the e-Teller site correctly and take advantage of the 128-bit security encryption, you may need to update your browser. Please use the following links to assist you with browser upgrades:
- Netscape browser update
- Windows Explorer browser update
- Mozilla Firefox browser update
- Google Chrome browser update
Bill Pay FAQ
How does Bill Pay work?
As a subscriber for Bill Pay, you will log on to Bill Pay directly from E-teller. Simply click the Bill Pay link on our main menu. You will be asked to enter your Personal Security Code and to establish a list of payees or choose from a menu of standard payees.
Once your payee is established, you can literally pay everyone from the paper carrier to your mortgage company, all in just a few minutes and with a few simple mouse clicks. All data is exchanged in real time. Sound easy? That's the whole point!
How do I get started?
Folllow a few simple steps to enroll and get activated with Bill Pay. Once you receive your User Name and Password, you can log on anytime. Please review the following steps to see how quick and easy it is to enroll for CheckFree's Bill Pay-e service:
Step 1: Click here to enroll online now. (Must enroll in our e-Teller service before using Bill Pay-e)
Step 2: CheckFree processes enrollment forms.
Step 3: CheckFree activates your account. You may begin using it immediately once your account is activated. (NOTE: CheckFree will reject all incomplete or inaccurate enrollment forms. They will contact you to provide them with hard copy documentation to confirm your identity and address if your online enrollment form is rejected. Please send notarized copies if CheckFree requests additional information.)
Step 4: You may change your User Name and Password within Bill Pay.
Step 5: If you need to make changes, you will key those changes online from within the Bill Pay service. The server is then updated automatically.
Spirit of Alaska reserves the rights to deny, terminate, cancel and/or suspend member's account at any time for any reason. To enroll for the Bill Pay Service, member must maintain a checking account in good standing with Spirit of Alaska.
How are my payments processed and when will by account be debited?
We have developed several remittance methods and at our discretion, your payment will be processed as an electronic ACH (automated clearing house) or laser draft. With an electronic ACH your account is debited the day your payment is credited to your payee. You will know your payment has been processed as a laser draft and posted to the payee when it clears your account, just like any other draft you may issue to a payee.
You should schedule your payment a minimum of 7 days prior to the payment date. You should also keep in mind that when laser drafts are mailed CheckFree cannot be responsible for post office delays. CheckFree does expect the payee to receive the remittance on the payment date, however, they cannot guarantee the payee will post the payment on the day of receipt.
Call (855) 877-4165 to reach Bill Pay Member Service.
What if I have a question about a Bill Pay Transaction?
If you have any questions concerning a Bill Pay transaction, call (855) 877-4165 to reach the Bill Pay Member Service.
Spirit of Alaska FCU Member Service Representatives do not have access to your Bill Pay transaction information until it clears your account. Consequently, they do not have the ability to cancel payment, adjust payment dates, or make any other changes to your Bill Pay transactions. CheckFree adheres to specific service standards when providing Customer Service.
What are the Web Bill Pay Security Features & Performance Standards?
The Eagle Firewall is a flexible application-level gateway that secures bi-directional communication through the Internet. It includes monitoring and alters for suspicious activity, can authenticate multiple types of encryption, and is enhanced with proxy software to foil IP spoofing attacks.
Our system utilizes 128-bit Secure Socket Layer, the standard protocol that enables secure electronic financial transactions on the Internet.
Members may change access codes at any time to help prevent unauthorized access to your online account. The application logon process authenticates each user as a CheckFree Subscriber and verifies that the Subscriber is authorized to use the service.A system "time-out" feature automatically ends an inactive Subscriber session after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Secure Subscriber Access allows Subscribers access only their own data with Bill Pay and CheckFree applies security access levels to Customer Card screens, so representatives may only view and change data within their level of authorization.
CheckFree Guarantee protects members in the unlikely event of unauthorized transactions or processing delays when payments are processed through CheckFree.
User Logon Safety—If a Subscriber incorrectly enters access codes on multiple, successive attempts the service account is suspended until a Customer Care representative assists the subscriber. CheckFree allows five unsuccessful attempts before an account is suspended.
The CheckFree server operates 7-days a week 24-hours per day with an availability of 99.9% on a rolling three-month basis.
Disaster recovery restores the system intact within 12 hours. In the event of a power failure at the server location, the server will operate for up to 30 minutes.
CheckFree continuously monitors system performance and keeps Spirit of Alaska FCU informed of changes that may impact performance.