Through empowered professional staff, community involvement, and innovation, Spirit of Alaska Federal Credit Union provides its members with superior service, stability, and profitable growth. As the largest locally owned and operated credit union in Fairbanks, we are committed to providing our members with state of the art technology and the best service possible to meet your individual financial needs.
Field of Membership
Any person who lives, works, or worships within the Fairbanks North Star Borough is eligible to join the credit union. Employees and students of public, private and parochial schools, high schools, and institutions of higher learning north of the Alaska Range are also eligible to join.
In addition, persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; alumni of colleges and universities located within the field of membership of this credit union; members of their immediate families; and organizations of such persons also qualify.
> Newsminer Reader's Choice
- 2014 #3 Financial Institution and #3 Best Teller Alex
- 2013 #2 Financial Institution and #2 Best Teller Juanita
- 2011 #1 Best Teller Suncha
- 2010 #1 Best Teller Suncha #3 Best Teller Marsha
- 2009 #2 Financial Institution and #1 Best Teller Suncha
- 2008 #3 Financial Institution and #2 Best Teller Suncha #3 Best Teller Marsha
- 2007 #3 Financial Institution and #2 Best Teller Suncha #3 Best Teller Roxanne
- 2006 #1 Financial Institution and #1 Best Teller Roxanne #3 Best Teller Suncha
- 2004 #3 Financial Institution and #1 Best Teller Suncha #2 Best Teller Rose
- 2003 #1 Best Teller Suncha #3 Best Teller Rose
- 2002 #1 Financial Institution
> Northern Alaska Environmental Center - 2009 Business of the Year Award
For implementing solar renewable energy in the Interior. Part of Spirit of Alaska's commitment to Go Green.